President's Cabinet Meeting Minutes - September 2014
Provost Tom Hackett, Dr. Tom Helton, Dr. Gina Sheeks, Dr. Alan Medders, Dr. John Lester, Abraham George, Laurie Jones, President Mescon, Amber Dees, Dr. Pedro Maligo, Dr. John Finley, Ed Helton, Dr. Cheryl Smith, Todd Reeser, Frank Hardymon, Chelsee Pike, Dr. John Finley, Prof. Stacey Meyers-Prosyniuk, Dean Mark Flynn (for Dean Linda Hadley)
1. President's Update – Report on his retirement and the next steps during his last four months. Congratulations to the CSU students that participated in providing backpacks full of school supplies to all the students at Key Elementary
2. Gina Sheeks, Laurie Jones & Tom Hackett reports on the BOR Tobacco-Free & Smoke Free Initiative. All smoking pavilions will be removed Oct. 1st & the Tobacco-Free & Smoke Free policy is on the CSU website (Attachment)
3. Tom Hackett reported on the International Education Coordination Committee, still in early stages with a discussion on putting together a committee to handle the issues that will arise (Attachment)
4. Todd Reeser provided an update on Athletics, 282 student athletes at this time. Great start to seasons for Soccer, Volleyball and Cross Country.
5. President discussed the Go Back, Move Ahead Statewide Initiative in the State of Georgia (Attachment)
6. Chelsee Pike is working on a proposal for Peer Counseling Program along with promoting a paperless route
7. Amber Dees reported the Annual USG Staff Council meeting will be held in October at Albany State University.